Let us introduce you to ….
The most versatile, safe and easy-to-use finish currently on the market. This finish enhances the natural grain, protects and seals your furniture pieces.
Over the years we have used various wood finishes such as Polyurethane, Rubio Monocoat, ciranova, Odie’s Oil etc.. Osmo Polyx®-Oil is hard to beat! From novice to seasoned woodworkers, we highly recommend using this product for tables, consoles, bartops and vanities.
– Stir well before each use.
– Use only a small amount, a little goes a long way.
– Use a plastic spreader to apply a thin even coat onto your piece.
– For smaller, more detailed areas, use a small piece of scotch-brite pad and work the finish into the wood.
– Wipe off the excess finish with a lint-free cotton towel or shop-towel.
– You may also use a wax buffer with a clean cotton pad to ensure all excess Osmo Polyx®-Oil is removed.
-You may reapply a second coat 24 hours later.
This easy-to-use finish leaves an even sheen. This finish is a 2 coat finish; first coat seals the wood and 2nd provides your piece with a beautiful sheen. We recommend sanding your pieces to 220- grit to ensure a nice sheen. Check out our live edge furniture page to get a better idea of the results you can expect. Osmo Polyx®-Oil absorbs evenly on all various wood species, whether your wood has curl, epoxy, or end-grain knots; your live edge project will turn out a success!